Inquire about the availability of documents in accessible formats.
A Note From The Registrar Of Voters
On behalf of the County of Sacramento Voter Registration and Elections department, I am delighted to promote education in Sacramento County.
As public servants, my staff and I strive to ensure secure, accurate, and transparent elections. Each election is a process owned by you, the voter, and it is designed to be observable by all members of the public. From testing the voting equipment prior to an election to our post-election audit, we follow strict processes to safeguard the integrity of the voting process and make sure the results are accurate. We welcome everyone to take part.
It takes thousands of dedicated County staff, volunteers, and community partners to conduct each election. We ask for your help by sharing the information provided by our department to ensure all voters know their voting options, and that they are welcome to observe and participate in every aspect of the election process.
- Registering voters and maintaining current and accurate voter files.
- Conducting Federal, State, County and City elections within Sacramento County.
- Checking the adequacy and certification of recall, referendum, and initiative petitions.
- Administering the local provisions of campaign reporting and financing.
- Reviewing, analyzing and monitoring the impact of legislation on the election process.
- Provide the opportunity and the means for participation in the election process;
- Be effective, efficient and responsive to customer needs through continuous improvement;
- Achieve open communication through teamwork and a spirit of goodwill;
- Support educational and training opportunities to produce quality work;
- Ensure legal requirements are met and applied consistently;
- Work together to pursue and achieve excellence.
- Respect for all
- Ethical conduct
- Commitment to Customer Service